One goal of our collaborative is to help Calfiornia faculty from across and within disciplines and different higher education segments to collaborate on the various types of work we are called to do.
Teaching. Assessment. Leading. Learning.
Innovation. Designing and Re-Designing.
Using the ZOOM platform, we organize and facilitate Digital MeetUps on pre-selected topics. In 60, 75 or 90 minute sessions, members connect and collaborate to share ideas about, visions of and innovations in teaching and learning in their disciplines or classrooms. We hope these sessions help individual faculty members find like-minded colleagues to create a professional learning network.
Previous Digital MeetUps
Digital MeetUp: Creating Equitable Learning Environments for New College Students with Reading Apprenticeship, Nika Hogan, College-level Reading Apprenticeship Coordinator, and Shelagh Rose, Pasadena City College and Strategic Literacy Initiative, Wednesday, May 31 3-4:30 pm PT
- Digital MeetUp - Why Reading Apprenticeship? Literacy-Equity Connection in College, Monday, April 24, 2- 3:30 pm with Nika Hogan, 3CSN Coordinator
- Digital MeetUp - Faculty-Led Change: How to start Faculty Learning Community (FLC) or Faculty Interest Group (FIG) Monday, May 3 2-3:30pm with Emily Magruder, Director of the Institute for Teaching and Learning (ITL), California State University Office of the Chancellor
- Digital MeetUp - Growth Mindset in the College Classroom, Wednesday, May 10, 2-3:30 pm with Miguel Powers, Chair, English Department, Fullerton College and California Faculty Collaborative Fellow
- Digital MeetUp - Transparency in Teaching and Learning (Series of Two) January 10 and 17 1-2 pm with Michael Willard, CSULA
- Digital MeetUp - Digital SkillUp for College Educators (Thursday, February 2 10-11am) with Christina Chávez-Reyes, Cal Poly Pomona & California Faculty Collaborative Hub Director
- Digital MeetUp - Having Difficult Conversations in College Classrooms (Thursday, February 21 2-3:30pm) with Julia Bálen, CSU Channel Islands, English, Chican@ Studies, Freedom & Justice Studies